Another article by Teresa Smith for Postmedia News, this time from Canada.com and featuring the response of the Government to the public and professional outcry against the resource cuts.
The argument that is put forth by the government is that making cuts will actually make things more accessible, which is impossible in reality. As one twitter user noted when sharing this article, what the Heritage Minister’s spokesperson fails to mention is that many of the people who have been doing important digitization work have now lost their jobs, or will have to do the work of other people whose positions have been eliminated.
6 Notes/ Hide
- canada-news reblogged this from archiviststrek2012
- barlowjk reblogged this from awesomearchives and added:
- burggirl reblogged this from awesomearchives and added:
- burggirl likes this
- tyyne likes this
- awesomearchives reblogged this from archiviststrek2012 and added:
- archiviststrek2012 posted this